ESSENTIAL ABILITIES, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned as required):
Operate heavy equipment safely, productively and efficiently.
The following machines, tools, and equipment are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, and equipment used will vary.
- finish motor grader
- back hoe
- front end loader
Follow site grading and operations plans, read grade stakes and operate in a medium to fine grade environment.
Comply with the Operations & Maintenance Guide for our core and secondary Heavy Equipment.
Possess a working knowledge of construction site safety
Perform a daily heavy equipment walk-around inspection and preventive maintenance responsibilities
Clean, maintain, and secure all equipment as directed by legislation, policies, and procedures.
Ensure equipment is safely and securely stored
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the construction industry as a heavy Equipment Operator
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to use common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to maintain daily records
- Communication Skills – Must be able to understand information, ideas, direction and perform the task or project discussed
- Valid SSN
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Due to high jobsite security requirements for this project, all applicants must be United States citizens and be subject to a Department of Defense background investigation
- Ability to work overhead
- Ability to use hands to grasp
- Ability to reach with arms
- Ability to work up to a 16-hour shift in all weather and temperature extremes
- The Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The Heavy Equipment Operator has a physically strenuous and demanding job. He/she will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects
- Specific vision abilities required by this job included distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Work Environment (The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary)
- This job could require pushing, compacting, grading, loading or hauling waste or dirt and could require working alone or teaming with other heavy equipment operators. The job could also require operating around other Contractor’s trucks at the working area.
- Employee must perform job responsibilities safely in a busy sometimes, stressful environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- My be required to work weekends and holidays
Job Type: Full-time
- Bulldozer, Motorgrader, or all Terrain Forklift 1 year
- Front End Loader: 3 years
- Skid Steer: 3 years
- Track Hoes: 3 years
Required license or certification
- Driver’s License
We offer the following employee benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401K Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations
- Competitive Salary